Book your practical driving test for:
- lorries, buses and coaches
- approved driving instructor (ADI) part 2 and 3 tests
If you cannot wear a face covering
When booking, you must say if you cannot wear a face covering during your driving test. You must also give a good reason for this.
Your test will be cancelled if you come for your test without a face covering and you did not say that you could not wear one when you booked it.
If you cannot wear a face covering you may not be able to take your test at the test centre of your choice.
How to say you cannot wear a face covering
When you’re asked if you have any special requirements, select ‘Special learning or educational needs’, even if you cannot wear a face covering for a physical reason. Say that you cannot wear a face covering and give your reason there.
What counts as a good reason
Good reasons are things like:
- having a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability
- wearing it would cause you severe distress
Wearing glasses does not count as a good reason.
Book a test online
This service is available from 6am to 11:40pm.
Before you start
You need your:
- UK driving licence number
- credit or debit card
- driving instructor’s personal reference number if you want to check they’re available
You can check the cost of your driving test before you start.